These Frozen Dessert Cookie Sandwiches are a perfect vegan treat. Creamy frozen cashewmilk is layered between flourless cashew chocolate cookies for a delicious summer dessert.
A big thanks to So Delicious for sponsoring this post and for making amazing dairy-free products like the frozen cashewmilk that is used in these cookie sandwiches.
Is there anything better than cooling down with a frozen treat on hot summer days? Now, don’t ruin the fun by saying a jump into the pool or an icy margarita are better ways to keep cool (although I wouldn’t say no to either).
At least my two-year old and I agree on our love for frozen desserts (she’s really into popsicles right now). My husband, however, isn’t quite on board. Due to his dairy sensitivity he is always wary of frozen treats, and since most include milk in some form, he has gotten used to declining any offers right off the bat.
When I made these frozen dessert cookie sandwiches, I was super excited to be able to tell him, that yes, he could and definitely should try them – without any negative side effects.
I brought these frozen chocolate cookie sandwiches to a family cookout and was super excited to see how much EVERYONE loved them: they raved about the flavor and gobbled them all up in no time! No one was missing the dairy.
Also, I was happy to be able to tell my sister (who is very much into organic food) that, on top of being vegan, this frozen treat is Non-GMO Project Verified, soy free, AND gluten free.
For the sandwich cookie filling I used So Delicious’ new Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert in the Creamy Cashew flavor.
–>> Check out the other yummy flavors and where to find them near you here.
Sticking with the cashew theme, I made super easy 5-ingredient cashew chocolate cookies to complete the sandwich. Let me tell you, these chocolate cookies are amazing!! Here is why:
- Only 5 ingredients! which can all be mixed together in 1 bowl – by hand. Take that!
- I used flax egg, so the cookies are vegan but still hold up really nicely, even as sandwiches.
- Also, the cookies are flourless – with cashew butter and cocoa powder at the base. That means they are also gluten free!
To make the cookie sandwiches, the cashewmilk frozen dessert needs to be in a disk shape. I once saw this really cool kitchen hack on Pinterest, where you just cut the entire pint into slices and then just remove the ring of carton around it.
Unfortunately, in relation to the container, my cookies weren’t large enough to apply this method. Instead, I let the frozen dessert soften on the counter, while lining some ramekins (of a size similar to the cookies) with plastic wrap.
Then, I filled them with the half melted cashewmilk dessert and let it freeze into disk shape this way. Once the disks were solid, I removed the wrap and sandwiched them between 2 cookies of similar size.
Finally, since appearance matters to me, I used a clean finger (a knife should work too) to straighten out the edges.
And voila! The vegan frozen dessert cookie sandwiches are ready to be enjoyed.
- 1 pint So Delicious Creamy Cashew Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, mix and let sit for 5 mins)
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Let the pint of So Delicious Creamy Cashew Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert soften at room temperature. Line ramekins (or something similar like jar lids) with plastic wrap. Fill with softened frozen dessert, cover with the wrap, and freeze into 6-7 disks.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg. Add cashew butter, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda to a bowl. Add the gelled flax egg and mix everything (with a hand mixer or wooden spoon) until combined.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon size cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet and press each dough ball down a little with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes . Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to let cool fully.
- Unwrap the frozen dessert disks and place between 2 cookies of similar size. You can even out the edges with a knife or a clean finger.
- Serve right away or keep frozen in a covered container until ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of So Delicious. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Leelalicious possible!