This healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe uses whole grain oats and spelt flour to make chewy and soft oatmeal cookies that are delicious and clean eating.
If I was asked point blank for my favorite cookie flavor, the answer would definitely be Oatmeal Raisin cookies!
I am aware that I am in the minority here. Don’t get me wrong, I love the classic chocolate chip cookies too (especially my healthier clean eating version), but there just is something about the heartiness of oats combined with sweet chewy raisins that will always make them my first cookie choice.
For one, oatmeal cookies have always seemed like a healthier choice, even at a time when I wasn’t as passionate about healthier desserts as I am now.
In another lifetime (it feels like that at least) I used to work at a Subway for a few short months. Us employees (or sandwich artists) were allowed to take home the broken cookies. The soft oatmeal cookies were especially prone to breakage.
It was heaven for me! Or my tastebuds at least. With the amount of sugar those oat cookies packed, it was no wonder they tasted so amazing.
My recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies doesn’t have much in common with the Subway cookies, except for the oats and raisin part. I set out to make an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe that was actually healthy. For me that means no refined sugar and flour.
Instead, I used coconut sugar, coconut oil and whole grain spelt flour. For the oatmeal part I used Coach’s Oats (disclosure: they graciously sent me a huge bag of their amazing cracked and toasted oats to try).
The result are wholesome, soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies that I can actually feel good about eating. And of course they are absolutely delicious!
If you like this, please:
- Share it on Pinterest
- Follow my Cookies Pinterest board
- Join my Email Newsletter to receive healthy recipe updates
- View my Cookies Recipe Index
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat coconut sugar and coconut oil until combined and lighter in color. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together spelt flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add this dry ingredient mix to the wet mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Form cookies using a cookie scoop and drop them on the prepared sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just set. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then move them to wire rack to cool fully. Store airtight.
Products Used for this Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe:
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support in making Leelalicious possible. I really appreciate it!