Enjoy these fabulous Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls made with raspberry and perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning for an unbeatable treat!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #collectivebias
I usually come home from work just a little earlier than my husband. This short time – even if it’s just 10 minutes – has become invaluable me-time. Can you relate? I love to grab a cup of hot coffee (Folgers is an all-time favorite in this java-crazy house) and if there is a baked treat around, even better! This is my time to unwind and refocus for the rest of the day.
This weekend, I made some Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls. They are great for breakfast and just as awesome as a snack with my afternoon coffee. These rolls combine the comfort of a special weekend breakfast with the flavors of weekday PB&J sandwiches.
Grocery Shopping Is Now Literally Next Door!
We moved into a new place last weekend and now live right next to a Sobey’s supermarket! What I love about it, is that now I don’t have to get into the car to get groceries. So to pick up the ingredients for the sweet rolls, I just grabbed my shopping bag and walked right over! This, for a baker, is true luxury. Seriously.
From the aisle with all baking needs, I picked up some Robin Hood all-purpose flour. I always buy the unbleached kind when possible.
A container of our favorite Folgers coffee went into the cart as well. And I also needed some jelly for the rolls.
Smucker’s Double Fruit spreads have twice the amount of fruit compared to regular jams, which makes them less sweet (and more fruity of course). They’re perfect for these already-sweet rolls! The Double Fruit spreads come in Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry and Apricot flavors. I picked my favorite of course – raspberry!
Roll Out the Dough and Spread With Peanut Butter
The sweet rolls are made from a yeast dough, which (really!) doesn’t mean they are difficult to make – just a little more time is involved considering the rising times.
Once you have the dough ready and rolled out, it is first spread with a layer of peanut butter (I used the natural kind), then with a layer of luscious Smucker’s jelly. Now your are ready to roll up and slice.
To prevent the tops from getting too dark, I covered the pan for the first 20 minutes of baking time.
While the sweet rolls are still warm, simply drizzle the incredibly delicious, buttery and creamy glaze over top. And then, you are ready to grab a cup of coffee, with a smile on your face, and sit down for a well deserved break while enjoying a Peanut Butter & Jelly Roll.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls
Enjoy these fabulous Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls made with raspberry and perfect with a hot cup of Folger's coffee in the morning for an unbeatable treat!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk warm
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cup Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used the natural kind
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Double Fruit Raspberry Spread or whichever fruit you prefer
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoons cream
- In a large bowl stir together the yeast with warm milk and sugar. Let the mixture stand for a few minutes. If it gets all bubbly and foamy and increases in size, the yeast is active and working. Now stir in the melted butter and egg.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the flour. Combine the rest with the salt and work into the liquid mixture. Add remaining flour only as needed.
- Knead with the dough hook of your stand mixer for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and santiny.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm, draft free spot until it doubles in size (about 45-60 minutes). You can preheat your oven to 200 F, then turn the oven off and let the dough rise inside the warm oven.
Once doubled, punch down the dough, and on a floured surface roll out the dough into an approximately 12x18 inch rectangle. Evenly spread on the peanut butter, then the jam. Roll the dough up from the long side and slice into 12-15 rolls with your sharpest knife.
- Butter a 12" round or 13x9" rectangular pan and place the rolls inside while leaving some space between them. Let the rolls rise again until they are doubled.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and cover the sweet rolls. Bake for 30-40 minutes, removing the cover after 20 minutes. Covering prevents the tops from darkening too much.
- Let the baked sweet rolls cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn them out. Turn them right side up onto a wire rack to cool.
- To prepare the glaze whisk together powdered sugar, melted butter and cream until smooth. Drizzle on the rolls while they are still warm.
For an overnight option, let the rolls rise for a last time (step 7) in the fridge over night. In the morning, pull the rolls from the fridge and continue with step 8.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!