In this S’mores Popcorn Munch mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cereal meet popcorn to bring camping flavors to movie night snacking.
S’mores are a perfect camping and campfire treat. But to be honest with you, I haven’t gone camping for a few years and I doubt it will change this summer. Mosquito infested woods just don’t seem like an ideal place to take a newborn.
This doesn’t mean I have to miss out on the awesome flavor combination that is (are?) S’mores!
The solution is this s’mores flavored popcorn munch. When I made the Sparkling Funfetti Popcorn a couple of weeks ago, I warned you that I could see a lot more popcorn munch mixes in my life this summer.
I mean, why not? They are no bake and come together in like 10 minutes or less. Oh and they are SUPER addicting!!! (My obligation for full disclosure shall be fulfilled by this statement.)
Let me know if there is any flavor that you would like to see applied to a popcorn munch mix. I will do my best to comply.
Planning this s’mores popcorn mix I had a stay-in movie night with the flavor of campfire in mind… only without the mess and mosquitoes.
Let me tell you, there wasn’t much of the popcorn mix left by night time. Konrad kept hovering by my side as I was getting ready to photograph this treat. So I let him try some under the condition of being my hand model.
Needless to say it didn’t stay at that little bite. I could hardly keep myself from munching away as I was snapping pictures. So as soon as I wrapped up the picture taking, we sat down over a big bowl of s’mores popcorn – in the middle of the afternoon, happy as little kids 🙂
- 4 cups popped popcorn (from 2 tablespoons unpopped corn or 1 microwave bag)
- 1½ cups graham cereal
- ¼ cup (mini) chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup (135 g) melting chocolate, I used semi-sweet
- Toss the popcorn with graham cereal. Spread mixture on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Melt the chocolate (if using microwave, zap in 15 second intervals + stir in between) and drizzle over the popcorn mixture.
- Chill until set, then break into chunks. Store airtight.
For the best way to make homemade popcorn, check out this popcorn maker guide.