This Carrot & Cucumber Noodles Salad with creamy Avocado Dressing uses spiralized vegetables for a healthier, refreshing pasta salad alternative with fewer carbs.
The salad game at our house been revolutionized since we got a spiralizer!
I know most people use their spiralizer to replace pasta in their dinner recipes and I am sure we will get there too at some point. For now however, we’ve been using ours to make creative salads.
I’ve wanted to try out a spiralizer for a while, but since starting our journey of location independence last year, we live with only the essentials that can be packed up into our suitcases every few months.
But then I came across this small, handheld spiralizer on Amazon and asked my mother-in-law to bring it for us when she came for a visit to Vietnam.
I love that it is small enough to not really add to our carry load and it does the trick of turning vegetables into long spirals just fine. Well, there was a bit of a learning curve…
Since I skipped reading the instructions, I had to learn the hard way, that this type of spiralizer works only with long, not too thick vegetables.
Our favorite vegetables to spiralize have turned out to be cucumbers and carrots, so it only made sense that I would feature those in my first spiralizer recipe.
It has absolutely amazed me to see how much the amount of vegetables that my husband eats and uses, when he prepares dinner, has increased.
When previously he barely ate the 3 slices of cucumber I serve on the side of dishes like Thai Fried Rice, now it is quite common that the 2 of us eat an entire spiralized cucumber along with supper.
Konrad isn’t big on salad dressing (unless it’s Caesar dressing) and prefers simple salt and pepper with his vegetables. Well, more for me!
Because this Avocado Cilantro Dressing is really awesome! Not just on salad even. I love the leftovers drizzled on rice and could totally see it being amazing on tacos.
For the sake of taking these pictures, I left the vegetable noodles in long strands. For eating though, I cut them down into smaller pieces.
I usually just spiralize away the entire vegetable, then take my kitchen shears to the bowl and make a few cuts across to achieve bite sized lengths.
More Fresh and Delicious Recipes:
- Avocado Corn Tomato Salad
- Shrimp Louie Salad Recipe
- Shredded Beet Salad
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
IF YOU LIKE THIS SPIRALIZED CARROT CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE, PLEASE:
Spiralized Carrot & Cucumber Noodles Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 long seedless cucumber
- 1-2 large carrots to equal cucumber
Creamy Avocado Dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- squeeze of lime juice
- 2-4 tablespoons water enough to blend smoothly
- pumpkin seeds for topping
- To make the dressing, blend in a food processor avocado, yogurt, cilantro, garlic, salt, lime juice and as much water as needed to blend smoothly.
- Clean the carrot and cucumber (and peel, if desired). Using a spiralizer, make spaghetti-sized noodles out of the carrot and cucumber and cut down to bite sized length.
- Arrange vegetable noodles in a bowl, drizzle with creamy avocado dressing to taste and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds for topping.
- The dressing is best when fresh, but you can store leftover dressing covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Creamy Avocado Dressing slightly adapted from Pinch of Yum.
Products Used in this Carrot & Cucumber Noodles Salad Recipe:
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support in making Leelalicious possible. I really appreciate it!