Most of us follow a daily skincare routine of cleansing, exfoliating and moisturising our face, and our bodies shouldn’t be forgotten. A body scrubber is a simple and quick solution, which you can easily add into your shower/bath routine to see beneficial results.
8 Benefits Of Using A Body Scrubber
- Removes Dead Skin Cells – The dead skin cells make our skin appear dull. By using a scrubber this will help to remove the layers of dead cells which build on our skin.
- Helps To Achieve Glowing Skin – We all desire glowing skin for our face but it shouldn’t stop there, by using a scrubber which helps to free your skin by unclogging your pores, we’ll be glowing from head to toe.
- Prevents Dry And Flaky Skin – Flaky skin is caused by a build-up of dead cells, but by using a scrubber which acts as a gentle exfoliator, followed by using a moisturiser. This will help to keep your skin hydrated.
- Works As A Natural Exfoliator – The epidermis, which is the outer layer of your skin naturally sheds a number of dead skin cells. Unfortunately, others remain which often leave our skin dull and ashy. Exfoliation helps this natural process along, by using gentle friction to remove excess skin cells from the surface of your skin.
- Improves Your Tan – If you only use a body scrubber once, choose the time before you go on holiday. This is because once you have removed the dead skin cells with the help of the scrubber, the sun will tan your new cells. Ultimately, meaning that your tan will last longer. If you do not remove these cells, the dead skin will tan first and will naturally shed quicker.
- Prevents Ingrown Hairs – The ingrown hairs are prevented due to the exfoliating removing the dead skin cells. Which could potentially clog pores and it also helps lift the hairs away from the skin, allowing the razor to achieve a closer shave.
- Removes Dark Patches Of Skin – If you scrub regularly and pay extra attention to those dark patches you will notice over time that these patches will lighten in colour.
- Improves Circulation – This is due to the friction on your skin which increases localized blood flow. Capillaries, which are the tiny blood vessels that are closest to your skin, naturally expand when they’re stimulated.
- For Smooth And Soft Skin – This is simply achieved by the extraction of the dead skin cells, dirt, oil and sweat from your skin.
- Better Absorption Of Other Products – This will mean the products that you use following the scrubber will be more effective. If your pores are blocked, other skincare products that you use will not be able to successfully penetrate the deeper layers of your skin. Therefore, by removing dirt, a moisturiser can provide the depths of your skin with the best hydration and nourishment.
How To Use A Body Scrubber?
A very easy product to use, you simply moisten the scrubber and use it alongside a soap or a body wash to create a lather and use circular motions across your body. You should apply slight pressure, pressing just enough to remove dead skin cells without damaging your skin and take particular care with the décolletage and chest area.
Tip: For extra exfoliation, you can also incorporate a body scrub made up of exfoliation beads into the process with the use of a body scrubber. Although beneficial this can be harsh on the skin (especially those with dry and sensitive skin), therefore I would recommend only repeating this process once a week.
Why Use A Body Scrubber Over A Loofah Puff?
The reasons to choose a body scrubber over a loofah puff are that the scrubber can help you to achieve all the benefits listed above, whereas the loofah puff is not designed to apply the same amount of pressure to achieve the same results.
The scrubber is also more absorbent and therefore holds more product which means you will have less wastage of your products and so will save money in the future.
Looking After Your Body Scrubber
It is vital that you clean your scrubber once a week, although it is beneficial at removing dead skin cells these can also get caught in the scrubber and form bacteria. This can easily be prevented by simply cleaning the scrubber in the washing machine using your regular laundry detergent.
Next, hang your scrubber to allow it thoroughly dry and do not put in the dryer. If taking the scrubber on your travels or at the gym, remember to remove it from your gym or travel bag as soon as you get home or to your destination to let it dry between uses. Lingering moisture can lead to bacteria or the dreaded damp smell.
After your last scrub, run it under just water to rinse away any excess soap or body wash. Squeeze extra moisture out of the body scrubber and give it a good shake. This will help remove any build-up of water and soap inside the scrubber.
It’s best to store your scrubber outside the bathtub or shower area between uses. This is because it will keep the scrubber away from excess humidity and will keep it dry until its next use. You could try hanging the scrubber on the inside of a bathroom cabinet or wherever you may have a convenient hook in your bathroom.
Which One To Use?
This shower and bath body scrubber by Susi’s Scrubbers. This product is made with high-quality material which is quick drying and has many features that make it easy and convenient to use, such as the style which is a slip-on mit, this will help you to have control to combat all areas with precision and pressure.
It also has a hanging loop feature, which is ideal for hanging in the bathroom to dry. It is available in a range of six colours of blue, purple, light blue, pink, white, neon green – ideal for the whole family so everyone can identify which one belongs to them.