Enjoy these Maple Cinnamon Roasted Almonds that are a breeze to make and super delicious. These are a healthy comfort snack food made with only 5 ingredients in 20 minutes.
Konrad (my husband) and I like to keep things interesting. Sure, there is a certain comfort in knowing what the next day is going to look like, but we make sure to break out of our routines - at least once in a while.
Two years ago, we left for an extended trip around Southeast Asia. It was a really exciting time with lots of new adventures around every corner. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to go on this adventure with my best friend.
Monopoly Satisfies Part of Our Wanderlust
This week marks 6 months since our return to Canada (we were gone for 1.5 years!). These days it seems we don't have quite as much excitement in our lives. It was time to change that - at least in our own somewhat geeky way. We downloaded the iPad version of Monopoly.
We got the Here and Now: World Edition, so even if we aren't traveling the world right now, at least we can go about owning parts of it 🙂
We played a few heated matches over the Thanksgiving long weekend. In the first round, I took a bad beating. On the next day however, I beat Konrad by far (who claims to never lose at Monopoly)!
I have to admit, I took quite a bit of pleasure in winning.
Snack On These Delightful Treats Anytime!
And while we were playing, I took pleasure in munching on these awesome maple-cinnamon roasted almonds a.k.a. Canadian Moose Droppings. Firstly, because they have maple syrup in them, and secondly because its resemblance is undenyingly obvious. You can image search the second half of the name, if you don't believe me. On second thought, don't! This is a food blog after all. I think this name is funny in such a weird and awkward way, but if this name bothers you, forget you ever read it.
Still, make these wonderful Maple Cinnamon Roasted Almonds. They are a wonderful comfort snack food on chillier days and unlike most roasted almond recipes these are made entirely without refined sugar.
Canadian Moose Droppings – Maple Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Roast the almonds on a dry baking sheet for 10 minutes at 350 F. Stir half way through.
- In the meantime combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat and bring just to a boil. Add roasted almonds and stir to evenly coat all the almonds.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the coated almonds. Return the baking sheet to the turned off oven. Crack the oven door open a little and let the almonds dry and cool in the oven. This makes for a nice and crisp coating.
- Serve the same day, make almond butter or store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Best Health Mag
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!