These muffins are perfect for a healthy fall pumpkin breakfast. They are made with coconut flour and sweetened with only maple syrup which makes them gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
I must have some kind of Fall fever! How else could you explain that for the last few weeks I have only posted fall-related (mainly pumpkin) recipes.
Another explanation could be that fall is a relatively short season here in Calgary. It won’t be very long before the trees shed all their leaves and the first snow falls.
So I am trying to enjoy this lovely, colourful season to the fullest while it lasts.
I do this by spending as much of my free time outside to take in nature’s joyful colour display. We live very close to one of the largest urban parks in North America.
You can see some of the pictures we took last weekend at Fish Creek Provincial Park here.
In the kitchen I am embracing fall to the fullest with pumpkin everything. When I shared the pumpkin almond butter last week I already told you that a few healthier pumpkin recipes where in order.
And here you have gluten-free, refined sugar-free pumpkin coconut flour muffins. That is as healthy as it can get in my books.
By the way, that pumpkin almond butter goes great with these muffins.
This was my first baking success with coconut flour. I love these fall favored muffins so much, that I made them twice last month.
I love to pack one up every day as a snack on the go. Stored in an airtight container they keep great in the – fridge for over a week.
– – – – – – – –
By the way, I recently came out with an eBook full of delicious coconut flour recipes.
—>>> Check it out here!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and soda and spices. In a large bowl whisk together remaining (wet) ingredients except for the pecans until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour mix to the wet mixture and stir until all lumps are gone.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cavities and top each with chopped nuts. Bake for 23 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
For a single-serve version try this
Check out more delicious Coconut Flour Muffins: