This delicious and simple shredded Honey Sriracha Chicken recipe uses only 5 ingredients. It can be made in the slow cooker or instant pot and used in a variety of ways from tacos to pizza topping.
I don't know what has taken me so long, but now I have fallen completely in love with Sriracha hot sauce! Like head over heels, put this stuff on everythaang!
Maybe I first needed to be in the country where Sriracha originates from, to be able to discover it for myself.
By the way, did you know that this famous hot sauce comes from Thailand? No? I didn't either until a few weeks ago. Si Racha is a coastal town (and province) a couple hours south of Bangkok and apparently the home of Sriracha sauce.
Watch the Sriracha Documentary
The most common variety in North America is by the Rooster Brand (there is even a documentary about it) and that one is actually made in California.
Here in Thailand, I have several brands to choose from and one even has a similar bottle as the Rooster Brand, but is called Three Mountains.
Although I have never had Rooster Brand Sriracha, I bet it is just as delicious as the Thai kinds that I have tried here.
Sriracha is the Perfect Condiment
After having used Sriracha as a condiment on things like eggs, soup, fried rice (all of which get better with a little spicy sauce on top). In addition, I also wanted to see how it does as cooking sauce.
Surprise, surprise... It's amaahhhzing and makes cooking so easy. There are literally on 5 ingredients listed in the recipe below. Besides the famous hot sauce, not much is needed to make this Crockpot Sriracha Chicken.
It's because Sriracha is made of chili, garlic, salt, vinegar and sugar (nothing else is listed on the ingredients list on my bottle). All of which impart amazing flavor into the chicken as it simmers away in the slow cooker.
Irresistibly Good and Quick and Simple to Prepare!
Your house will smell amazing too! When I made this recipe, Konrad kept coming into the kitchen to inquire what I was making. He could barely wait for the crock pot to finish its work.
Once the Honey Sriracha Chicken is all tender, I shred it with 2 forks and add all of the cooking sauce back in. It's wonderful just as is with a side of steamed rice. But our favorite way to eat the Sriracha shredded chicken has been in tacos.
Combining Cuisines to Make One Amazing Meal
It's like an epic culmination of my favorite cuisines. Spicy Thai Sriracha slow cooker chicken wrapped in Mexican whole wheat tacos.
Just add your favorite toppings over the meat in the tacos. Avocado and cilantro are really awesome with this.
If your kids are more into bite-sized chicken, make them these healthy Paleo Chicken Nuggets.
Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken
I've also tried this recipe in the Instant Pot with great results. Suddenly the 3-8 hours of slow cooking time are replaced by less than 30 minutes.
Check out the detailed Instant Pot instructions in the recipe box below.
Pressure Cooker I Use
More Shredded Chicken Recipes
Honey Sriracha Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast 4-5 breasts
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ cup Sriracha or any chili garlic hot sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Place the chicken breasts and chopped onion in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl stir together Sriracha sauce, honey and lime juice. Add to the slow cooker and toss the chicken to coat it evenly with sauce.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high (or 6-8 hours on low).
- Lift the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Add in as much of the cooking sauce as desired (I like it saucy and will often use all of it).
Instant Pot Instructions
- Place all ingredients into the Instant Pot. Toss to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Close the lid and set the valve to sealing. Cook the Sriracha chicken on the Manual cooking function for 10 minutes.
- When the timer is up, turn the sealing valve to venting for Quick Pressure Release (QR).
- Using two forks shred the chicken breasts. Season with soy sauce (or Tamari) to taste and use as desired.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support in making Leelalicious possible. I really appreciate it!