This delicious Almond Mocha Granola combines toasty oats with almond slices and shredded coconut. Espresso powder and melted chocolate create a wonderful mocha-flavored coating.
My love for granola is no secret on this blog. I love coming up with always new and exciting flavor combinations around my favorite grain!
With this batch, I introduced my beloved oats to 2 other of my loves: chocolate + coffee = mocha!
Let The Mocha Flavor Out!
I usually add a variety of seeds and/or nuts to my granola mixes, but this time, I really wanted to let the mocha flavor shine, and only added sliced almonds and a little shredded coconut to be toasted with the oats.
A little honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract helps bind everything together and round out the flavor.
Unlike all other ingredients, the chocolate isn't baked (it would just burn). Instead, it is added to the granola after baking. While it is still hot, the granola melts the chocolate chips which creates a delicious coating.
Almond Milk Is Great For This Recipe (And Others)
My favorite way to eat granola is for breakfast or any time of day as a snack with cold milk and fruit. I could have just stopped at "Eat granola"...
In order for my husband to be able to enjoy granola as well, the milk cannot be dairy (he has a lactose sensitivity). When we first figured out his sensitivity, Almond Breeze almond milk was one of the first dairy alternatives we discovered.
We fell in love with the creamy texture and just slight almond taste. Yes, that's right, I said we. Although I can handle dairy just fine, I found myself also using almond milk all the time.
Almond Milk Used in Smoothies, Cereal, and Baking
Did you know that Almond Breeze now added a line of refrigerated products? On top of the shelf-stable version, you can also find their Original and Vanilla flavored almond milk (and their Unsweetened counterparts) in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
We had a chance to try both and were happy to discover the same creamy, almond-y deliciousness that we had come to love.
Do you like almond milk? What is your favorite use for it?
Almond Mocha Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups almonds sliced
- ¾ cup coconut shredded, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almond slices and shredded coconut.
- Heat coconut oil and honey in a small bowl (in the microwave, stove top or in preheating oven) until melted and stir together with vanilla extract.
- Pour over oat mixture and combine. Place the mixture on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Then bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle warm granola with chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is melted and coats the granola.
- Let cool (you can speed this up in the fridge) before breaking into clusters. Store in an airtight container (like mason jars). In warm months I keep this granola in the fridge to keep the chocolate from melting.
Pin Almond Mocha Granola recipe for later?
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!
- Apricot Almond Milk Smoothie
- Almond Muffins
- Vanila Almond Muffins - Gluten Free, Paleo
- Pumpkin Seed Granola
- Healthy Granola Bar Recipe
In this Almond Mocha Granola, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract serve as the binding agents, helping to hold the ingredients together.
Homemade granola might not turn out as crunchy if it has too much moisture. Ensuring that the granola is spread thinly on the baking sheet and baked at the right temperature can help achieve the desired crunchiness.
To encourage granola clusters to stick together, it's essential to pack the ingredients tightly on the baking sheet before baking. Allowing the granola to cool completely on the sheet without stirring helps in forming clusters.
Granola is commonly enjoyed with both milk and yogurt. However, I mention a preference for enjoying the Almond Mocha Granola with cold milk and fruit, showcasing one way to enjoy this delightful treat.
This post is sponsored by AlmondBreeze. I received compensation and free product. However, as always, all opinions are my own.