Start your day with easy and convenient wholesomeness! Egg and avocado on a bed of rice, kale and veggies make up this simple yet stunning and delicious Breakfast Buddha Bowl.
This post is kindly sponsored by Mann's.
Mann's Nourish Bowls
You may know by now how much I LOVE Mann's Fresh Veggies from previous posts like this Sweet potato Breakfast Casserole or the Butternut Carrot Soup.
As much as I love including tons of veggies in our meals, peeling and chopping everything is quite the chore that I am just not always up to. Mann's convenient bags of fresh, ready-to-use veggies make healthy eating a whole lot quicker and easier.
And even on those days when I am barely up for putting a meal together, Mann's got me covered too! Their amazing Nourish Bowls feature a variety of fresh veggies with delicious sauces to bring everything together.
From Southwest Chipotle and Bacon Maple Brussles to Spicy Thai and Sesame Sriracha, one flavor sounds better than the next. But for today's recipe I decided to use the Monterey Risotto Nourish Bowl.
Thai Breakfast Buddha Bowl
Kale, butternut squash cubes and kohlrabi with brown rice all brought together by a creamy roasted garlic sauce.
I couldn't help but see how this already had some of the main ingredients of a typical Thai Breakfast. I used to get it at the market stall down the street from our apartment when we lived in Chiang Mai.
There the breakfast/lunch/dinner staple of steamed rice was served together with garlicky sautéed greens. As well as a crispy fried egg and some spicy chili sauce. And no plate of Thai food is complete without a few slices of cucumber
So I decided to turn the Nourish Bowl into a Thai Breakfast Buddha Bowl. The bowl is easily prepared in a few minutes the microwave. **
In that time I fried that signature crispy egg and also added some avocado for good measure. It makes the bowl look so pretty and also provides some healthy fat to balance the breakfast bowl.
** if you don't have or use a microwave, you can also sauté the contents of the Nourish Bowl - though not quite as hands-off it's still super delicious!
More Tips: How to Make A Breakfast Bowl
Preparing the Nourish Bowl is as easy as adding the rice and sauce packet content to the veggie bowl and microwaving everything for 3-4 minutes. However, microwaves vary in strength. You want the butternut squash cubes to be soft. So if necessary add a minute or two until they soften.
Thai Crispy Fried Egg:To achieve the signature style Thai fried egg you need to cook it on high heat and in a good amount of oil. The egg is done when all of the white is set and the edges are crispy browned. The yolk will still be somewhat runny.
· Slices of fresh cucumber are served with almost every plate of Thai food.
· A drizzle of Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce are a great addition to the egg and the entire bowl.
· You can use simple avocado slices or cubes, but to turn this easy Buddha Bowl into a stunner read on to learn how to make an avocado rose.
How to Make an Avocado Rose
Choose a ripe but still slightly firm avocado. If you were to make guacamole, you would give it another 2 days to ripen. Cut it in half and carefully remove the peel.
1. Place the peeled avocado half flat side down onto a cutting board. Slice it thinly and evenly.
2. With your clean hands fan out the slices so that they are still all touching but forming a long rope.
3. Then start to roll up that avocado rope carefully from one end.
4. Continue rolling until the rose is formed. Use a knife under the avocado rose to transfer it over to the Breakfast Rice Bowl.
What the video below to see the process in action.
More Bowl Recipes
VIDEO: Breakfast Buddha Bowl
Breakfast Buddha Bowl
- 1 Mann’s Monterrey Risotto Nourish Bowl
- 1 egg fried, poached, or soft boiled
- ¼-1/2 avocado sliced (and rolled into a rose)
- cucumber slices
- Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- Prepare the Nourish Bowl according to directions or until the butternut squash cubes are soft. **if you don't use a microwave, you can also sauté in a pan
- Cook the egg to your liking. If you want to fry it Thai-style, use plenty of oil and high heat. The egg is done when all of the white is set and the edges are crispy browned already. The yolk should still be somewhat runny.
- Top the bowl with the egg, avocado, cucumber slices and a generous drizzle of hot sauce.
Disclaimer: Thanks to Mann's for sponsoring this post and for making it easy to include more veggies in our meals. Thank you reader for supporting the companies that make this blog possible.
This is the most perfect presentation of salad I have seen so far. Beautiful colors, flavors and all together looks just very professional. I am getting hungry.
That is simply a whole meal in one bowl. Egg and avocado who can go wrong. I love them both and would eat this in a new york minute!
How delicious does this look!! WOW...so many flavours and colours. Love that egg ..... and I would eat this any meal of the day.
I am alllll about savory breakfast recipes so this is my ideal breakfast right here! ANd I need to practice making such gorgeous avocado roses! I feel like my avocados are always toooo soft to make it look perfect though!
Ahh, yes the avocado shouldn't be too soft. Probably about 2 days firmer than you would want it for guacamole. Thanks for mentioning it. A good reminder for me to add that tip to the post too
That's one of the most appealing bowls I've seen in a long time and I love your avocado technique.
Thanks so much for the lovely comment, Jaqueline! Since the base of the bowl is already taken care of by Mann's, I find I can spend a couple minutes to make the top look extra beautiful!