Oh my goodness!! We had snow last night and woke up to everything covered in a blanket of white!
Ahhh…it’s May but this Canadian weather will hear nothing of it. Just does what it wants. Luckily, daytime temperatures are fairly warm and all that snow should be gone in no time.
Still, let’s have some food that will make us all forget about cold weather craziness and reminds us of warmer climates.
These yummylicious roasted sweet potatoes transfer me back to two of my favorite tropical locations. The chipotle spiced veggies dipped in tangy-sweet peanut sauce are like an instant transfer to Mexico and Thailand at the same time. Oh, to be in either of those places right now….
What makes these roasted sweet potatoes and the peanut dipping sauce extra awesome and delicious, is flavored maple syrup. The genius creators of Pure Infused make an amazing Chipotle & Lemongrass infused maple syrup. This naturally sweet maple syrup has a spicy, smokey chipotle flavor with bright lemongrass undertones.
I use the flavored maple syrup together with olive oil and seasonings to glaze the sweet potatoes before roasting. And it is also part of the peanut sauce for dipping or drizzling over the sweet potatoes.
Pure Infused Maple Syrups also come in these other delicious all-natural flavors:
- Vanilla, Cinnamon & Star Anise
- Lavender & Chai
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
- Gastrique, with Apple Cider Vinegar & Ginger
These extraordinary combinations beg to take maple syrup from just the breakfast table to use in all of your kitchen adventures. Although I’ll be the first to admit that we used up the Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves flavor in no time, mainly for French Toast, Pancakes and Granola.
However, the infused maple syrups are so versatile – you can let your kitchen creativity run wild. Brush it over grilled meats, make salad dressings, or even sweeten your drinks with it.
I absolutely love that Pure Infused is made in Canada, coming straight from beautiful Nova Scotia. Be sure to check out their website to find out where you can buy their maple syrup, or order online and to find more delicious recipe inspiration.
Want more delicious Sweet Potato Recipes?
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium-large ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Pure Infused Chipotle & Lemongrass maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crushed peanuts and parsley for garnish
- ¼ cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Pure Infused Chipotle & Lemongrass maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten-free version)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare 2 baking sheets.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges or stick-shape. Whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, salt, chipotle powder and pepper. Toss with sweet potatoes to evenly coat.
- Spread on 2 baking sheets (or 1 large one). The sweet potatoes shouldn't touch. And bake for about 30 minutes. Flip halfway through. They should be tender and starting to brown. Bake 5-10 minutes longer for larger pieces.
- In the meantime prepare the peanut sauce by whisking together all ingredients until smooth.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, sprinkle with crushed peanuts and chopped parsley and drizzle with peanut sauce. Or just dip them in the sauce.
Disclaimer: I received free product from Pure Infused. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make LeelaLicious possible.