These amazing Butterscotch White Chocolate Cookies are made with browned butter and big chunks of butterscotch and white chocolate. Sweet, chewy, and soon to be gone 😉
Update April 23: There is a new ZipList plugin update that seems to work just fine with WordPress 3.9
Well, this has been quite a week in this blogger's life. After the super-frustrating hosting outage on Wednesday, a new WordPress update (the platform on which I publish this blog) turns out to be incompatible with Ziplist - the plugin most food bloggers use to format their recipes.
Shoutout to all other food bloggers using WordPress and ZipList: Do NOT update to 3.9 yet!
Currently, either you won't be able to see the recipes in the posts, or I am not able to create new posts on the back end. I sincerely apologize, if in the last 2 days you came here and found no recipe with a post.
ZipList came out with a patch fix for now. So, at least you will be able to read the recipe and I can create content minus formatted recipes. Luckily, I had written out this recipe before the update, but unless there is a permanent fix available after the Easter weekend, next week's posts will temporarily have only plain text recipes.
Alright, end of random ramblings! Sorry for the rant.
You may notice that I am past the second and most comfortable trimester of pregnancy. Little aches and pains plus finally the realization that I can't do everything anymore, it's all making me a little whiny I am afraid. I can still see my (now occasionally swollen) feet, but I will not volunteer to bend down and pick anything up for you.
Never A Bad Time For Delicious Cookies!
However, you definitely don't have to twist my arm to make and eat AMAZING cookies. These butterscotch cookies are totally and entirely out of this world! The secret: browned butter! I don't know why I have never made cookies with browned butter before. I have been missing out majorly.
The rich, intensified butter flavor complements the butterscotch chips so wonderfully. And for extra bonus, I also added white chocolate chunks.
Disclaimer: These are not healthy cookies. They are quite sweet. Too sweet for Konrad, who is somewhat picky with dessert these days.
I brought some of these cookies to work - no complaints about sweetness there. Everyone was going nuts and begging to bring more. And I'll gladly comply 🙂
For a great picture tutorial on how to make browned butter, check out How Sweet Eats. Enjoy this recipe, my dear friends.
Golden Butterscotch White Chocolate Cookies with Browned Butter
- ½ cup browned butter cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla bean powder/extract
- 1 ⅓ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chunks
- Brown butter and let cool to room temperature.
- Cream browned butter with sugars, egg and vanilla until light (at least 1 minute).
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine. Stir in butterscotch chips and white chocolate chunks.
- Roll dough into 20 balls; stud each with a few more butterscotch/white chocolate chips. Chill covered for at least 2 hours (forming dough balls is easier before chilling, but could also be done afterwards).
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Place dough balls on line baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for about 10 minutes until tops are just set.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!
these look delish!
Thanks so much Dina!
Jacquee @ I Sugar Coat It!
Browned butter anything is alright in my books! My grandmother made a mean browned butter frosting, but of course she has no recipe - a little of this and a little of that is her way in the kitchen. I don't think I will make these cookies - they look like they could become an addiction. Then again... 😉
Browned butter is like a heavenly baking elixir. But I totally understand what you mean, it is so good you are almost scared to have or use too much of it. Browned butter frosting sounds amazing!!