Keeping the Summer No-Bake Party going strong, indulge in these Strawberry Limoncello Popsicles that are simply the best when the sun beats down!
Also, I am so excited to introduce you to the talented Melissa of The Baked Equation, who is the guest write for this post today. Melissa creates wonderful custom-made decorated cookies, cakes and cupcakes and regularly publishes on her blog as well. With her baking business, Melissa raises funds for her charity in Southern Sudan that focuses on teaching locals how to build sustainable farming communities.
As the heat starts to reach the triple digits here in Arizona, the thought of turning on the oven makes me cringe. As people on the east coast or in Canada begin to hit the outdoors, it is quite the opposite in Arizona. My family begins to hibernate from the heat. It gets seriously hot, and we have lived in SE Asia, so we are no novices to heat. Arizona. Gets. Hot.
And so, the only thing that ever sounds good to me in the summer is something cold and easy to make; and nothing could be easier than making popsicles. I can’t wait to share these Strawberry Limoncello Popsicles with you. They are delicious, simple to make, and quite healthy as well. Plus, the word Limoncello just adds some extra pizzazz, like we’re in Rome, concocting these from the steps of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Hey, I’m Melissa!
When Regina reached out to see if I would like to join her Summer No Bake Party, the timing could not have been more perfect.
By the way, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Melissa, and I am the owner of The Baked Equation in Phoenix. I have a passion for creating desserts without all the chemicals, and using whole, natural foods. It’s something that is very important to me, and in today’s world of high fructose corn syrup and un-pronounceable ingredients, I have my work cut out for me.
During the summer, we eat a lot of salad and fruit in our home. Strawberries and lemons are the quintessential summer fruit. They are light, refreshing and full of antioxidants. Did you know that strawberries even help improve blood sugar regulation? Well, then let’s get to regulating our blood sugar! Enjoy this recipe, and be sure to share it with those you love on a hot summer’s day.
Strawberry Limoncello Popsicles
Keeping the Summer No Bake Off going strong, indulge in these Strawberry Limoncello Popsicles that are simply the best when the sun beats down!
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- ½ cup organic sugar
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup lemoncello
- 1 ¾ cup plain yogurt
- Chop up strawberries to equal 1 cup.
- Juice half of a lemon and pour over strawberries
- Measure out plain yogurt and mix in the lemoncello
- In a medium sauce pan combine strawberries, lemon juice and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Once the sugar is melted and the strawberries have begun to melt down, remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Place mixture in a food processor and puree.
- Place mixture in the freezer in a bowl for 10 minutes.
- Now that that mixture as cooled add it the yogurt and lemoncello.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Freeze the popsicles for 4 to 6 hours.
Now all that is left to do is to enjoy this rich and creamy treat. Go for it!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!