These healthy breakfast cookies are nutritious and so delicious. They are full of whole grain oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
Doesn’t it feel almost naughty to eat cookies for breakfast?
Well, there is no reason to feel guilty about these nutritious powerhouses. They are full of whole grain oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
The binders/sweeteners are peanut butter, honey, a super ripe banana and coconut oil. And what’s even better, these healthy breakfast cookies are super easy to customize.
That’s why you’ll find the general ingredients of “nuts, seeds and dried fruit” in the recipe below.
I used the combination of cashew bits, sunflower seeds and raisins. But use whatever you have on hand or prefer.
Pecans, pumpkin seeds and cranberries sound just as delicious. Or how about almonds, flax and dried apricot? The variation possibilities are endless!
I made a version of Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies which has become incredibly popular with readers and on Pinterest.
They are made with pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
And then I also made an apple version called Apple Pie Breakfast Cookies with applesauce, walnuts and raisins.
So why don’t you just give these breakfast cookies a try!
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey, warmed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¾ cup dried fruit (I used raisins)
- ½ cup seeds (I used sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup nuts (I used cashew pieces)
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (only if using unsalted nuts above)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine peanut butter, coconut oil and honey until smooth.
- Place all other ingredients into a large bowl. Mix with the peanut butter mixture until evenly distributed.
- Drop about ¼ cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten (cookies won't spread while baking). Bake for about 15 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to an air-tight storage container.
Nutritional facts are for 1 cookie if making 12 out of the batch.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support in making Leelalicious possible. I really appreciate it!