This post is brought to you by Spectrum Naturals® – the makers of gourmet culinary oils like the awesome organic coconut oil used in these yummy Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies.
Who ever said pumpkin recipes are only for fall? Canned pumpkin is available year-round so you can make delicious pumpkin yumminess whenever a craving strikes. Be it in October or April 😉
I have never been a fan of cooking first thing in the morning or making any breakfast that involves a lot of prep. And some days I am especially happy to have my breakfast already waiting in the fridge.
I am not a morning person, still some mornings are harder than others. Like the morning after a night of my baby Olivia randomly deciding to wake up no less than 6(!) times for no obvious reasons.
Or when I went to bed waayy later than I should have either because I was working, binge-watching Netflix, or finishing just one more chapter of a book.
It is those super-rough mornings that I could hug myself for having prepared some make-ahead breakfast like these breakfast cookies (or awesome overnight oats).
Today’s Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies are a variation of my Healthy Breakfast Cookies. They are like having a bowl of yummy oatmeal with lots of mix-ins only without the bowl. The convenient cookie shape offers itself for breakfast on-the-go.
I am using both rolled and quick oats for a texture that isn’t too dense but still holds together well. Eggs help as a binder, honey offers just a little sweetness to the cookies. Pumpkin puree is complemented with aromatic pumpkin pie spice.
Ground flax seed ups the nutritional value of the cookies. And – in my opinion – pumpkin seeds and cranberries pair really well with pumpkin and give the cookies are great flavor and texture contrast.
Last, but certainly not least, there is melted Spectrum Naturals® coconut oil. I love to use their organic refined coconut oil for recipes where I don’t want a strong coconut flavor – like these breakfast cookies in which I wanted the pumpkin to shine.
For all other recipes their organic virgin coconut oil is a great choice. Whichever Spectrum Naturals® oil you choose, it’s great to know that they are all expeller expressed (meaning they use mechanical force instead of chemicals to extract the oil). And most of their oils are non GMO project verified.
If you like this, please:
- Share it on Pinterest
- Join my Real Food Recipes Email Newsletter
- View my Healthy Breakfast recipes index
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl warm Spectrum® coconut oil and honey (either microwave, inside preheating oven or on the stove top).
- In a large bowl combine both kinds of oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
- Drop about ¼ cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten (cookies won't spread while baking). Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to an airtight storage container.
Products used for this Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies Recipe:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Spectrum Naturals®. This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support in making Leelalicious possible. I really appreciate it!