Today’s post is sponsored by Hershey’s Canada. Their incredible REESE’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread is amazing in this 3 Ingredients Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Brownie recipe.
Yes, you read that right! These decadent brownies are made with just 3 ingredients. How is that possible you ask?
REESE’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread is the answer!
Believe me, when I say that stuff is amaaaazing. As soon as we opened the first jar, Konrad and I could barely keep our spoons out of it. Think REESE’s peanut butter cups blended into a magical spread.
I love peanut butter and chocolate combinations in all varieties of ways and forms, but this REESE’s spread is definitely my new favorite.
Let’s get back to brownies now. 3 Ingredients Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Brownies to be specific.
Other than REESE’s Peanut Butter Chocolate spread, you only need flour and an egg. Plus a couple small mugs and a microwave. But those aren’t ingredients.
On top of only requiring 3 ingredients, these mug brownies take only about 1 minute to cook! Perfect to satisfy urgent dessert cravings in a flash.
This recipe makes 2 servings, that’s why 2 mugs are required. Lightly whisk the egg with a fork and divide it between the 2 mugs. Add the REESE’s spread and whisk until well combined before folding in the flour.
Preparing the batter in this order reduces the risk of pockets of flour hiding at the bottom of the mugs.
In our microwave each mug brownie takes only about 1 minute to cook on the highest setting. Since microwave strengths vary, you may have to add a few 15 second bursts. But just like baked brownies, I prefer these 3 Ingredients Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Brownies just a touch undercooked.
When I make mug cakes, they are always best fresh from the microwave. This mug brownie version however, gets better once it cools down a little. Hot from the microwave it is too fluffy and cake-like. As it cools, it develops a chewy brownie texture.
I like to stick the mugs into the freezer for about 5 minutes. After that, they will still be a little warm, but chewy now. Then top the mug brownies with a peanut butter drizzle and chocolate chips before serving.
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ½ cup REESE's Peanut Butter Chocolate spread
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Crack the egg into a small mug (like a tea cup). Whisk to break it up and pour half of it onto another small mug.
- Divide REESE's Peanut Butter Chocolate spread between the two mugs (1/4 cup per mug) and beat with a fork until completely smooth and combined.
- Add the flour into the mugs (2 tablespoons per mug) and fold in until combined.
- Microwave the mugs separately for about 1 minute. If the batter on top still looks uncooked, return to microwave for 15 more seconds. Repeat if necessary. For fudgy, chewy brownie results, leave the batter just a touch undercooked.
- Place the mug brownies into the freezer for about 5 minutes (10-15 minutes in the fridge) to cool down a little and develop their chewy texture. (it will still be a little warm, but chewy now),
- Top with a peanut butter drizzle and chocolate chips before serving.
This post is sponsored by Hershey’s Canada as part of the #DoYouSpoon campaign. Leelalicious has been compensated monetarily and with product.