This post brought to you by Hormel Foods, LLC.. The content and opinions expressed below are that of LeelaLicious.
Dark Chocolate drizzled with salted coconut caramel and sprinkled with bacon crumbles. This loaded chocolate bark is perfect to satisfy both sweet and savory snack cravings.
I like to joke that I inherited the snack gene from my dad. Especially late night snacking is something my mom never did, but my dad and I loved to find something to munch on in front of the TV a few hours after supper.
Luckily, my husband is a snacker too, so I don’t have to fear any judgement from him. Usually, we have different tastes in snacks though. When it comes to candy, I like tart and sour flavors (Konrad can’t stand those).
And I just can’t wrap my head around his love for dill pickle flavor. In my opinion, unless it’s a real pickle, nothing else should taste like it – especially not popcorn or sunflower seeds.
So usually neither of us has to worry about someone else eating their favorite snacks.
I can’t say that I fall in a specific snack category. I love sweet and savory snacks alike. Depending on the situation, I’ll just want one more than the other.
And when I have this Bacon Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Bark on hand, I don’t even have to decide between the two. This snack outside the box offers the best of both, sweet and savory.
To make this creative chocolate bark recipe, I melted my favorite dark chocolate (more than 80% cocoa) and drizzled it with homemade dairy-free caramel. (Coconut milk makes it possible!) And onto the caramel I sprinkled HORMEL® Real Crumbled Bacon.
Bacon + salted caramel + dark chocolate = snack heaven!
I love having Hormel’s Real Bacon Toppings handy! They make it so quick and easy to add a delicious sprinkle of bacon to snacks, as it in this recipe, and also to salads or soups.
You can also sign up for the Hormel Newsletter to be the first to know about savings and coupons.
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or unrefined cane sugar)
- ½ cup coconut cream (or full fat coconut milk)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 200g (7 oz) dark chocolate
- ¼ cup HORMEL® Real Crumbled Bacon
- Start with making the Salted Coconut Caramel. Heat a small saucepan over medium-low. Add coconut sugar, coconut cream and salt. Stir until dissolved. Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes. The caramel will thicken as it cools.
- To test, take the saucepan off the heat. Spread a little sauce on a saucer and place in the freezer for a few minutes. If the caramel doesn’t harden (enough), return the saucepan to the stove and simmer a little longer. Let the caramel sauce cool to room temperature (the fridge will speed this up).
- Line a plate or baking pan with parchment. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt either on top of a double boiler or in the microwave (in 20 second bursts, stir in between each burst).
- Pour chocolate into prepared pan and let cool (can be done in the fridge). Once the surface has hardened a little, drizzle the coconut caramel on top and sprinkle with HORMEL® Real Crumbled Bacon.
- Place chocolate bark in fridge or freezer to harden fully before breaking (or cutting) into pieces. Store in fridge or freezer.