This delicious recipe for Cauliflower Ground Beef Curry makes a easy and delicious comfort food meal. Saucy, hearty with a unique mix of aromatic spices (that aren’t hot) this is a beloved dinner recipe for the entire family.
First of all, I am soo sorry guys, to everyone who tried to access my blog yesterday! There was a major outage with my hosting company, causing all of our (mine and Konrad’s and many other customer’s) sites to be down for over 12 hours.
Super frustrating for everyone involved but all seems to be fixed now. Alright, let’s have food then. After all it’s the best cure for everything, right?
Especially when it is hearty comfort food like this Ground Beef Cauliflower Curry over steaming white rice. There also are potatoes, carrots, and saucy tomatoes in here, all rounded up with an aromatic curry spice mixture.
The recipe as written out below does not make a spicy-hot curry. As is, it is a great starting point for all preference levels of spicy-ness. If you like a curry that makes you sweat increase the amount of red chili flakes and/or add cayenne pepper to the mix.
This delicious curry is so chock-full of veggies and bursting with flavor that I can’t help but feel good about eating it. And all the yummy-ness puts me in such a good mood that all *cough* hosting *cough* frustrations (and others) just fade away.
Update April 22:
Hostgator (our hosting company) extended their sincere apologies about the outage and issued a generous refund.
Cauliflower Curry with Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes or 10 mini potatoes, diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet heat the oil on medium-high heat and add chopped onions. While stirring cook onions until soft, then add chopped garlic until both are lightly browned.
- Add ground beef and all spices. Stir often and cook the meat well until nicely browned.
- Stir in carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer covered for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper or chili if desired. Spices as listed make for a non-spicy curry. Add some cayenne pepper and/or more chili if you would like to spice this up.