This delicious recipe for Cauliflower Ground Beef Curry makes an easy and delicious comfort food meal. Saucy, hearty, with a unique mix of aromatic spices (that aren’t hot), this is a beloved dinner recipe for the entire family.
First of all, I am soo sorry guys, to everyone who tried to access my blog yesterday! There was a major outage with my hosting company, causing all of our (mine and Konrad’s and many other customer’s) sites to be down for over 12 hours.
Super frustrating for everyone involved, but all seems to be fixed now. Alright, let’s have food then. After all, it’s the best cure for everything, right?
Filled with Vegetables, Adjust Spice to Your Preference
Especially when it is hearty comfort food like this Cauliflower Ground Beef Curry over steaming white rice. There also are potatoes, carrots, and saucy tomatoes in here, all rounded up with an aromatic curry spice mixture.
The recipe as written out below does not make a spicy-hot curry. As is, it is a great starting point for all preference levels of spicy-ness. If you like a curry that makes you sweat, then simply increase the amount of red chili flakes and/or add cayenne pepper to the mix.
This delicious curry is so chock-full of veggies and bursting with flavor that I can’t help but feel good about eating it. And all the yummy-ness puts me in such a good mood that all *cough* hosting *cough* frustrations (and others) just fade away. At any rate, enjoy the recipe!
Cauliflower Curry with Ground Beef
This delicious recipe for Cauliflower Ground Beef Curry makes an easy and delicious comfort food meal. Saucy, hearty, with a unique mix of aromatic spices (that aren't hot), this is a beloved dinner recipe for the entire family.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes or 10 mini potatoes, diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet heat the oil on medium-high heat and add chopped onions. While stirring cook onions until soft, then add chopped garlic until both are lightly browned.
- Add ground beef and all spices. Stir often and cook the meat well until nicely browned.
- Stir in carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer covered for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper or chili if desired. Spices as listed make for a non-spicy curry. Add some cayenne pepper and/or more chili if you would like to spice this up.
Instant Pot Method:
Press the ‘Sauté’ button on your pressure cooker. Once it has preheated enough the display will indicate “HOT”.
Add the oil and onion. Sauté until the onion starts to turn translucent. Add garlic and sauté another minute.
Now add the ground beef and start breaking it up into small pieces. Add all seasonings (salt, pepper, curry powder, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chili flakes, and cinnamon). Stir everything together and continue browning the beef (about 5 minutes).
Once the beef is browned press “cancel” to stop the sauté function. Add the water and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
Stir in sliced carrot, potato dices, and cauliflower florets.
Pour the crushed tomatoes over top but DO NOT STIR. (Tomato touching the bottom of the Instant Pot often produces the dreaded BURN notice.)
Close the lid and turn pressure valve to sealing position. Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
The pot will take about 15 minutes to pressurize before the timer starts counting down. Once cooking time is up turn the pressure valve to venting to quick release the pressure.
Add fresh chopped parley or cilantro to your liking. Serve this ground beef curry over steamed rice or quinoa.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!