Don’t you love it when you can re-create your favorite foods in a healthy way at home. Next to hot oatmeal granola is one of my favorite weekday breakfast foods.
A couple of days ago I already told you about my almond butter love, so when I saw this recipe from Liz at Little Bitty Bakes which combines granola with almond butter I got really excited.
It came out wonderfully with just the right amount and size of granola clusters vs. loose crunchy oats. I made this a Cinnamon-Raisin version and the addition of coconut (I used shredded) rounded out the flavor profile perfectly.
But of course, as with any granola, there is playroom to adjust for your taste preferences by adding different dried fruit or nuts. Remember this Tropical Granola where I added candied pineapple pieces?
I especially love that this granola is made entirely without refined sugar – honey is the only sweetener in here!
For a quick breakfast add this granola to cold milk or sprinkle it over yogurt with some fresh fruit. Or pack it up for a snack on-the-go.
Coconut Almond Butter Granola
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats old-fashioned or quick cooking, just not instant
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 c raisins fruit, nuts
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium-large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, and honey. Microwave for about 30 seconds, until the almond butter is slightly melted. Stir until smooth. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, shredded coconut and oats and stir until everything is combined.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and stir in the raisins while turning/flipping the granola. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool before transferring to a storage container.
Adapted from Little Bitty Bakes