This Homemade Peanut Butter Granola makes a delicious breakfast treat or crunchy + healthy afternoon snack. It is perfect served on top of fruit + yogurt or just enjoy the clusters straight up.
This recipes is clean eating & vegan (use coconut yogurt for parfaits) & gluten free (if you use certified gluten free oats).
Since the time that I made my first batch of homemade granola a few years ago, I absolutely refuse to get the store-bought kind anymore. Those are usually ridiculously expensive, laden with hidden sugar, and I’ve even had the unfortunate experience of stale, no longer crunchy granola from the store.
All these are non-issues with homemade granola! It’s crazy economical to make granola at home, you have complete control over all the ingredients – including sugar (I prefer honey or maple syrup).
And since granola never lasts long around our house, I can be absolutely certain that it is always fresh. To make sure, we have a steady supply of fresh granola on hand during the week, I’ve developed a Sunday-granola-making-routine.
So I’ve made countless batches of granola. I love to switch up the flavors and ingredients often, but this healthy peanut butter granola with cinnamon raisin flavor combination is one of my beloved go-to’s.
More delicious Granola Recipes
VIDEO: How to Make Peanut Butter Granola
Watch the video first to see how it’s made. Then scroll down for the detailed recipe ingredients and instructions.
Peanut Butter Granola
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter *
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup raisins
Preheat your oven to 325° F and prepare a baking pan or dish.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the nut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds, until the nut butter is slightly melted. Stir until smooth. Add the old-fashioned oats and cinnamon, then stir again until everything is combined.
- Spread the oat mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle the shredded coconut and raisins on top. Stir/flip the granola before baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool before transferring to an airtight container for storage.