This healthy Peach Melba Sorbet is made entirely from frozen fruit and without the use of an ice cream maker! A refreshing healthy summer treat!
Do you feel it too?
The days are getting noticeably shorter. The evening air is starting to feel crisp.
What does that mean?
Slowly but surely summer will come to an end. By no means does this mean I want to hit fast forward and start embracing fall. The opposite. To me this means enjoying what’s left of summer TO ITS FULLEST!
Part of that enjoyment means frozen treats and fresh summer fruit.
And today’s healthy ‘sorbet’ combines those two important things. I say ‘sorbet’ in quotes because it is not quite traditional sorbet in the traditional way sorbet is usually made from sweetened fruity water/juice. This healthy treat has a texture just like sorbet but is made entirely from fruit!
And what’s even better – no ice cream maker required! All you need is a strong food processor.
Peach Melba is a dessert of peaches with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream. This healthy interpretation of Peach Melba Sorbet is made of peaches (duh), raspberries and bananas.
Yup, bananas! Did you know that blended frozen bananas make a wonderful treat that resembles soft-serve ice cream? I chose to include them as the base in this healthy sorbet for their creamy texture and the healthy sweetness they impart.
If you have peaches that are not super ripe and juicy, you can roast them first to enhance their flavor. Just half them, add a dab of coconut oil and sprinkle of cinnamon and pop them in the oven. Afterward, freeze them together with the raspberries and bananas.
I blended the raspberries separately and swirled them into the peach and banana blend by hand to create the marbling effect. However, you could also just blend them all together, too.
Spread the blended fruit into a container, like a loaf pan, and freeze for at least a couple hours. Scooping will be easier if you let the sorbet sit out for a few minutes first.
Healthy Peach Melba Sorbet
- 2 ripe peaches (roasted and) frozen
- 2 ripe bananas frozen
- 1/4 cup raspberries frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon optional
- coconut oil optional
- If you choose to roast the peaches, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Half and pit the peaches. Place them on a lined roasting pan. Dab a little coconut oil on the centers and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Roast for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Once the peaches are cool enough to handle, cut into wedges and freeze them.
- In your food processor blend the frozen raspberries until smooth and set aside.
- Now blend the frozen peaches and bananas with vanilla extract until completely smooth. This could take a few minutes. Scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Spread the peach + banana blend into a loaf pan. Drop spoonfuls of the blended raspberries on top and swirl together.
- Freeze for at least a couple hours. Let the sorbet sit out for a few minuted for easier scooping.
I hope you all are enjoying summer as much as possible!
For more healthy ‘Nice Cream’ recipes check out this post:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links
For more fun summer recipes, be sure to check out these recipes, too!