Learn about a combination that will rock your socks with chocolate and spice as we get into making these amazing Mexican Chocolate Chili Fudge Pops!
Ashley of Baker By Nature is one of the sweetest souls I know in the food blogging world. To be honest, I first noticed Ashley by the kind comments she left on other blogs and I quickly fell in love with her innovative recipes which she churns out from her small apartment in Brooklyn. Ashley balances decadent sweet treats like these toffee coffee chocolate chip blondies with healthy, creative salads. Her quinoa salads are on my to-cook list this summer and I’ll definitely earn some brownie points with my breakfast-and-pizza-loving husband when I make Ashley’s breakfast pizza for him.
Now let’s ring out this Summer N0-Bake Party with some spice. Happy First Day of Summer to all of you!
Getting the Spices Ready!
Spicy Popsicle Recipe – Coming Right Up!
Mexican Chocolate Chili Fudge Pops
Learn here about a combination that will rock your socks with chocolate and spice as we get into making these amazing Mexican Chocolate Chili Fudge Pops!
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chopped, not more than 70% chocolate (you can use chocolate chips!)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Popsicle molds
- Melt chocolate in microwave or on stove top.
- Combine the melted chocolate, milk, cocoa powder, chili powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, corn starch, and powdered sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and place over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring almost constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes (it should be warm, but not hot to the touch), then pour into popsicle molds. Freeze popsicles for 30 minutes, then insert sticks and freeze for another 20-24 hours.
Update September 2013
I made Ashley’s creative popsicles this summer and they were AMAZING!
I even made my own magic shell for them and added colorful sprinkles.
This is how you can make sure own popsicle magic shell:
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet) into a narrow glass. Melt in the microwave at 15 sec. intervals. Stirring each time. Once melted stir in 1 tbsp vegetable oil (or coconut oil).
- Dip frozen popsicles into magic shell and tap off excess. Immediately add sprinkles. Enjoy right away or freeze popsicles again.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!