This post is sponsored by All-Bran Canada. Their All-Bran cereal gives these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies extra crunch and a healthy fibre boost.
I am super excited to share this third and final post in my All-Bran recipe series. Because today we have dessert and a VIDEO!!!
This series is all about giving you inspiration to add All-Bran to your favorite recipes in order to increase your daily fibre intake. We started with a Baked Falafel Appetizer and then had this Chicken & Brown Rice Casserole for dinner.
Today I have a fibre-filled dessert recipe that I know you will love.
These Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies get extra crunchy from the added All-Bran cereal.
I have an intense love affair with anything that includes oats. Granola, overnight oatmeal and – of course – cookies! I also love baking and cooking with pumpkin all year round (my pumpkin breakfast cookies are an all-time reader favorite as well). You can see that it was only a matter of time until I made Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies.
With whole grain oats, whole wheat flour, All-Bran fibre cereal, vegetable puree and no refined sugar there is nothing guilt-inducing about these cookies. I freely admit to having had some for breakfast even.
Olivia is a big fan of them too. She’ll pick out and eat the chocolate chips first, before proceeding to the cookie. This girl knows whats good 😉
Also, the Giveaway is still open:
Easy ways to enter include making + sharing an All-Bran recipe, following All-Bran on Pinterest for more fibre-filled recipe inspiration, and tweeting about this giveaway.
Open to Canadian residents only (excluding Quebec).
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or unprocessed cane sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups All-Bran cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- With a hand mixer beat together sugar, oil, and pumpkin puree for a few minutes until combined and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
- Fold in All-Bran cereal, rolled oats and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop 16 heaps of batter onto prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly (cookies won’t spread while baking). Bake for about 8-10 minutes until edges are set. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
Disclosure: As brand ambassador I received free product and compensation from All-Bran Canada. All opinions are my own, as always. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Leelalicious possible.