Last week I had the pleasure of going to an advance screening of the movie CHEF. I had won 2 tickets through the Calgary Herald, our local newspaper and since Konrad had to work, I went to see it with my sister.
I was highly entertained by the movie, not just because of all the mouth watering food porn going on. (Definitely don’t watch CHEF hungry!) The interplay of social media with growing a food business absolutely spoke to me as a food blogger. Since this is exactly what I do 🙂
Even as a non-foodie I think you’d enjoy the drama/comedy story line and the surprising number of famous supporting actors (Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr., Dustin Hoffman…). In the US CHEF has already been out for about a month but official opening here in Canada is this Friday (June 6).
Now on to these awesome popsicles. I have to admit I feel a little weird posting these since this is less of a recipe but more me sharing a (quite simple) idea. It boils down to this: Freeze lemonade in popsicle molds together with raspberries.
Because raspberries + lemonade are the best combo ever!! Of course you could also use other fruit but raspberries are my fav!
For the lemonade I used store-bought BRISK lemonade. Homemade lemonade will work just as well or better – I just haven’t started making lemonade this summer. Its only a matter of time though.
I am planning on developing a naturally sweetened lemonade recipe. And will definitely share it here as soon as I have it figured out.
Update: Find the recipe for my naturally sweetened lemonade here!
- 1½ cups (375 ml) lemonade - homemade or store bought
- ½ cup (70 g) raspberries
- popsicle mold and sticks
- Place a couple of raspberries in the bottom of each mold cavity. Gently push down with a spoon or popsicle stick so the berries stay in place once filled with lemonade.
- Slowly fill the cavities about ¾ way with lemonade. Push raspberries back in place if they come floating to the top. Add a few more raspberries to each cavity.
- Place mold in the freezer for 1 to 1.5 hours. Once tops are icy insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Run mold under warm water before removing popsicles.