Do you like the combination of sweet and salty? Then you will love this Salted Dark Chocolate Fudge. And it is super easy to make.
For some reason I always thought fudge was rather complicated to make. Turns out nothing could be further from the truth.
I came across a super simple recipe for cinnamon chocolate fudge on Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe. Reading this recipe my eyes were opened to the fact how sweetened condensed milk really turns fudge making into a breeze.
Although I love cinnamon, my husband isn’t the biggest fan. But I am a new convert to the sweet&salty flavor combination. I don’t know what took me so long, because sweet and salty definitely rule! At least on my taste buds.
So I turned the recipe into a Salted Dark Chocolate Fudge. And all it takes is mixing sweetened condensed milk with a little salt, adding the chopped chocolate with a little butter and letting it all melt and thicken on top of a double boiler. After you pour the mixture into a lined baking dish, all you need is patience. To wait out the 2 or so hours the fudge takes to set in the fridge.
Cut into squares and that’s it. I cannot take any responsibility for the number of fudge squares that make it into your mouth. It’s almost like they walk in there by themselves.
On another note, one of my photography backdrops got ‘destroyed‘ when our landlord’s decided to paint. I just wrote in the last post about my photography setup how I like to use this metal stair case for a cooler backdrop. Jacquee fittingly described it as urban looking. But no more!
I think I got one other shoot in before the paint brush did it’s destroying work. So I guess, there will be more dark&moody shoots in the future.
Let’s get to some more positive news.
You might have noticed the new BlogHer TV player in the sidebar for a few weeks. There are great recipe videos featured there. I just watched a clip on how to decorate cupcakes quickly. Fresh rose petals are part of this how-to. How cool is that!
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pound (450g) dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- salt flakes for sprinkling
- Line a 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment or wax paper with overhang on all sides (for lifting out later).
- Chop dark chocolate into small pieces. Stir sweetened condensed milk and salt together in a bowl. Add chocolate pieces and butter.
- Place the bowl on top of a double boiler and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally until the mixture is melted and smooth and has thickened.
- Pour melted mixture into lined pan. Sprinkle with salt flakes. Let the fudge set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, then cut into 1” pieces.