These Cookies and Cream Cookie Cups consists of Oreo cookie dough baked into bite-sized cookie cups with a Cookies and Cream Hershey kiss on top!
It seems hard to believe but today there are exactly 6 weeks left until our baby girl’s (!) due date.
Yes, I think I haven’t told you yet, but we are having a little baby girl! And are both super excited about it. Konrad already loves to talk about ‘his girls’ – baby girl and me that is 😉
She is already waaayy bigger than in this ultrasound picture from February. We got to see her progress in another ultrasound a couple of weeks ago but she didn’t want to give us a good look at her profile.
She kept looking straight up, so the picture we got has kind of the squished look you get when putting your face on a copy machine (not that I have ever done something like that…)
On one hand, like I said, we are super excited to meet and hold and cuddle with our little baby girl, but on the other hand ONLY 6 MORE WEEKS!! Not feeling quite ready yet. Sure, I wouldn’t mind getting rid of all the little pregnancy aches and pains – but aside from a really crappy first trimester things are actually going really well.
This past weekend we finally started tackling the spare room that was housing the last few boxes we never got to unpack since moving into this place in February. We finally realized the key to apartment living – shelving! Another trip to Ikea later and things are starting to look a lot homier. And there are only a couple more boxes to sort through before we can put up the crib.
We aren’t in too big a hurry, though since we plan on having baby girl in a bassinet in our room for the first few months anyway. I think this is the only way to have success with this thing called breastfeeding and to stay partially sane – apparently babies eat something like every 2 hours in the beginning!? Even at night!
I guess, not much different from myself these days. Increased nutrient demand coupled with a tiny, squished stomach makes me feel like I am constantly grazing and snacking.
These Cookies and Cream Cookie Cups are perfect snack food. Since they are only bite-sized (ok, maybe 2 bites) they are perfect for portion-control. If you can keep yourself from popping one after the other that is.
And if, like me you end up with more cookie cups than Hershey kisses they also make a perfect cookie cone for just a mini scoop of freshly churned ice cream. Learn the best way to make homemade ice cream here.
- ½ cup (115 g) butter, softened
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup (220 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ cup Oreo baking crumbs, or finely crushed Oreo cookies
- 36 Cookies and Cream Hershey Kisses
- Cream softened butter with sugars, egg and vanilla until light (at least 1 minute).
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine. Stir in Oreo crumbs.
- Cover dough and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease a mini cupcake pan. Divide dough evenly into cavities (no more than half to ¾ full) and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and top each cookie cup with a Cookies and Cream Hershey Kiss. Leave in pan until fully cooled and Hershey Kiss has set. Store airtight.
More bite sized dessert recipes: