These fudgy and intensely chocolatey Toffifee Brownie Bites are topped with Toffifee candies and the perfect dessert for the cocoa lover in us all!
It may seem like I have a thing for mini foods these days - I mean, cookie cups last week and brownie bites today. Maybe all the baby prep is getting to my head? Who knows! We're rolling with it.
I couldn't leave these brownie bites plain though... No. They had to be topped with Toffifee candies. A quick Google search shows me they are called Toffifay in the US. Phonetically spelled. Good job USA!
Here in Canada, it's Toffifee, and that's also the way I know these from Germany (Storck is a German company after all). Combining caramel, nougat, chocolate and a crunchy hazelnut, Toffifees have always been one of my favorite candies.
Brownie Bites That Are Delicious and Chewy
To be fair, these brownie bites are really awesome by themselves already. Usually, I use a brownie recipe made with unsweetened melted chocolate - here is a sweet & salty pretzel version, grain-free pumpkin brownies, or healthier leftover candy brownies. Boom. I've got you handled.
This time, I wanted to try brownies made with only cocoa powder, and they still turned out super fudgy and intensely chocolatey. I will definitely use this recipe again for future brownie projects. Soon! Because these disappeared way too quickly.
A Couple Quick Tips
First tip: definitely make sure you use a wooden spoon. I've heard tales of people using metal, and, well, that's just silly. Not only can it scratch your cookware and leave ridges for food to get stuck in, wooden spoons are just so much more versatile and they play nicely with batter like this.
Also, remember that temperature is important here. Make sure to push in the Toffifees on top of the candies when they are warm. Do it gently, of course. Then, cool them off so it all comes together in a nice, solid bite, instead of something that falls apart in your mouth.
There you have it! Enjoy the recipe and let's get to it!
Toffifee Brownie Bites
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 24 Toffifee candies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 24-cavity mini cupcake pan or use paper liners.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Remove from stove and stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt and stir to combine. Fill batter into prepared pan and bake brownie bites for 7-9 minutes until they have risen and edges are set. Centers should still be soft.
- Remove pan from oven and gently press a Toffifee candy onto each brownie bite. Chill brownie bites or leave at room temperature until completely cool before removing from pan (since they candies will be very soft and melty).
- Store airtight.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Check out these similar recipes!