This healthier Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino is a copycat recipe of the popular Starbucks beverage. This version includes pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. It is naturally sweetened and includes a dairy-free vegan option.
It is one of my favorite times of the year again! I love fall time. The turning of leaves, the golden glow of the setting sun...and of course pumpkin spice everything!
This copycat version of a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino includes real pumpkin puree, is sweetened with maple syrup, and can be made dairy free.
It tastes not quite as sweet as its coffee shop counterpart, but I think that's a good thing all around.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here is what I use for my homemade Starbucks pumpkin spice frappuccino recipe:
- milk of choice - dairy or non-dairy milk; I like the flavor of vanilla almond milk
- maple syrup - honey, simple syrup, or Lakanto Monkfruit Syrup to make low-carb
- instant espresso powder - or instant coffee. I like this Nescafe Gold Espresso powder. Or reduce the amount of milk and use 1-2 shots of espresso
- pumpkin pie spice - store bought or make your own with the linked recipe. Alternatively use cinnamon and any other warming spices you have on hand like nutmeg, ginger, cloves
- pumpkin puree - for extra icy frozen frappe I freeze the pumpkin puree ahead of time in an ice cube tray
- ice cubes
Details in the recipe box below.
- If you want an extra icy frappe with creamy texture, freeze the pumpkin puree ahead of time.
- Pour the (almond) milk into a blender. Add the maple syrup, espresso, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and ice cubes in this order from liquid to solid (for easier blending).
- Blend everything until completely smooth and no ice chunks remain.
- Pour into a serving glass or cup and optionally top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
To make this recipe you need milk, maple syrup, espresso, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and ice.
Yes, this blended drink is made with espresso shots or espresso powder. But you could also omit them for a caffeine free and coffee free version.
It has traditional fall spice flavors with pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves mix) and real pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino Recipe
- 2-3 tablespoons whipped cream or whipped coconut cream
- pumpkin pie spice
- Place all ingredients for the frappe in a blender (liquid first, solids on top) and blend until completely smooth.
- If desired, top with a few tablespoons of coconut cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.