So guess what? Yesterday was Sunday again!
And by now you may know that Sundays are my granola-making-days. Not every Sunday. But usually when I make granola it is on a Sunday.
After all of last week’s beet love I was so ready to return to one of my old loves: granola!
But I am far from being over beets. I still had 4 exemplars in the fridge when there were another 6(!) beetroots in this week’s CSA box. I guess I will be slowly cooking, baking, roasting and blending through all the awesome recipes from the beet-roundup!
By the way, if you haven’t entered for the Food Processor Giveaway yet, there is still time until tonight at midnight. So hop on over!
Alrighty, back to breakfast now. Today’s flavor combo is a love marriage between granola & peanut butter jam sandwiches.
It’s like a healthier, more adult way to eat PBJ sammies. (I have done something similar before with PBJ sweet rolls.)
I literally just combined the rolled oats with peanut butter and jam (and a little coconut oil). Then baked it all until fragrant and crunchy.
I used regular peanut butter and some homemade berry jam from my mom. I am certain any flavor of jam or even jelly that you prefer or have standing at home will work too.
But if you would like to make this granola a little healthier and without refined sugar, you can swap in natural peanut butter and you could try using this healthy chia jam.
Usually granola made with nut butters results in bigger clusters, which makes it perfect for snacking. And it’s also fantastic as a yogurt topping. I can say this for certain, since I am currently gobbling it up by the bowl-full.
Are you a fellow granola fiend? Any flavor combos you’d like to see on here? I am always up for suggestions.
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons jam (I used homemade berry jam)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup roasted & salted peanuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Place peanut butter, jam and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds (or shortly put in preheating oven) to slightly melt the ingredients. Add the rolled oats and stir until everything is combined and evenly coated.
- Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Stir once halfway through.
- Toss the baked granola with with peanuts and cranberries. Store cooled granola in an airtight container (like a mason jar) at room temperature.